Happiness is found in the choices we make every day. It’s all about thinking good thoughts, speaking kind words, taking good actions, and enjoying the small things in life all while chasing after the big ones.
“You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection.”
Through my struggles in life, I’ve learned to love myself. I think loving yourself is the most important thing you can do. Here are seven ways to accept yourself for who you are.
- Identify and focus on your most positive qualities and skills. It is important to identify and focus on your positive qualities, rather than concentrating on the qualities you feel worst about. By maintaining your positive qualities you can utilize them and achieve goals. Every goal you attain you will feel more self-esteem and love yourself that much more.
- Prevent negative thinking. Push aside those negative thoughts about yourself and learn to replace negative thoughts with positive ones. This is where you can learn to be truly happy with yourself.
- There is no such thing as perfect. Everyone has imperfections. Instead of dwelling on the little things you don’t like about yourself, accept them for what they are.
- Compliment yourself. Look for something you like about yourself that day and make it routine to tell yourself that something looks good. Once you have this new found self confidence, you will be able to walk into any room and act like you own the place.
- Be yourself. It’s important to disregard what others think about you. If you love yourself, no one elses opinion matters. “It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” ~e.e. Cummings
- Don’t worry about the little things in life. People who run around like their hair is on fire the whole day will never be able to calm down and realize life is passing them by.
- Do your best in everyday life struggles and be proud of yourself for your efforts.